About Us

About

Who we are - what makes us tick

We are on a two person quest to make every business headshot a brilliant one.  We are excited and rewarded by our work in equal measures. We bring to the marketplace a new style of headshot and a new type of photographic experience – one where we take the pressure of you looking superb away from you and you simply enjoy the process; one where the emphasis is on being quick, affordable and enjoyable with great results.

Gail Fogarty

— Co-Founder and Photographer

Today it is more likely than not that the first time a potential client or customer will ‘meet’ you is online.  It takes 1/10 of a second for that person to make up their mind about you just by looking at a picture of your face.

It is essential that your profile picture portrays 3 key essential ingredients of a good headshot: your capability, your likeability and your trustworthiness.  You want to look like a professional or entrepreneur that people want to do business with.   There is a saying that if you are taking shortcuts with your public profile, what else are you taking shortcuts on?  Don’t let that be you.

I’ve been a portrait photographer for nearly 20 years. Before that I was a litigation solicitor. I left law to raise my sons and study photography. A fascinating year learning advanced portraiture from distinguished BBC and royal photographer, Joan Williams, left me with a passion for recording faces. My photographic influences include Lee Miller, Yousuf Karsh, Annie Leibovitz and New York headshot photographer Peter Hurley.

Working with Lynsey is inspiring – her skills as an artist shine through her work with make-up and her talent makes my job as a photographer almost easy.

Things you might not know about me:
I’ve completed one marathon and two Olympic length triathlons.  I home board Hungarian Vizslas and have 45 regulars on my books.  I’ve am proud to be an organ donor.

Lynsey Mackew

— Co-Founder and Make up Artist

My first career was in corporate events so I know how important it is to have a professional image to portray the best version of you online.

LinkedIn says “Your profile picture can be one of the most important elements of your LinkedIn presence. Our research shows that just having a picture makes your profile 14 times more likely to be viewed by others.  This means that this little square image is your first chance to make a good impression and is a key element of your brand.”

In addition, job seekers should know that in a recent eye tracking survey, recruiters only looked at the CV for candidates for 20 percent of the time.  The remaining 80 percent was spent on the photograph.

My interest in the makeup world arises from having studied art and photography at A Level and so when I left the corporate arena to raise my family it was natural to use those artistic skills in a new profession.  My role is to create a flawless finish for both men and women and to highlight a person’s natural assets so everyone looks their best and feels confident before arriving in front of the camera.   I never make someone look artificial or not who they really are.

I never use products that are tested on animals.

Other things you may not know about me:
I’ve climbed Mount Toubkal when I’m petrified of heights.  I’ve met the Queen.  I used to own and event with the most beautiful horse called Kerry Berry.  I live by the sea.

Latest Events

St. Margarets - Wednesday 6th February

WeWork Chancery Lane - Thursday 21st March

Spaces available, let people know
BOOK NOW